So you want to be a model, but are not sure how to go about "breaking in" to your business? Here are my tips to get you on the right foot!
1. Look at yourself realistically. Modeling is not for everyone. Models are usually between 5'9 and 6'0, weighs between 120-130 lbs. In general, the agencies that girls be under 18 years old when starts, which models career is usually short. You should have neatly divided eyes, a straight nose (although this is not always the case!) Beautiful skin and a nice smile. Skin tones and facial shapes are varied these days, which means that many girls who may not have worked before, to be very successful! If you have these qualities, you can see a reputable agency for an opinion.
2. DO NOT invest any money in such things such as schooling or pictures. Modeling school is not always bad, but it is not necessary to become a model. A good agent will be able to see your potential right away, without images. If your agent thinks you have potential, they will set you up with a "test" the photographer who is very cheap. (You usually only pay for film and development.) This will allow the agency to see how you photograph.
3. On the topic of "shoot well," some girls look absolutely fabulous in person, and the agency has big hopes, but then she simply is not "better" in print. Other girls who look almost normal in person, you look absolutely amazing in pictures.
4. Keep a positive attitude! Remember, modeling is a competitive business, so you are bound to face rejection. Just remember, if an agent does not take, another can! :) A winning attitude is very important in a business that is about how you project yourself.
5. If you do not meet height and weight requirements, do not worry. Ask your local agencies about "commercial" modeling, an area that encourages all shapes and sizes!
For the latest tips and ideas on modeling business, subscribe to "Beauty and Soul" newsletter. And as always, sign up members can feel free to contact me directly for personal modeling, beauty, fashion, or health advice.