YSL Gloss Volupte and YSL Long wear Foundation





Gladly back on track after years in the no-samples-or-return-of-phone-calls freelance wilderness with the YSL press office (even the Top Secrets range passed me by completely), I've now got my hands on a few bits to ease back into the brand. Firstly, Gloss Volupte, £20, a gloss to beat all glosses. It's got enough depth of colour to act like a lipstick but with a true gloss sheen that is easily one of the best I've come across in a long time. If I say it's a crystal shine, it doesn't mean shimmery, it just means a clarity and intensity that I haven't found in gloss for ages. The colour I received is Sugared Almond - new for spring - and its a brownish nude that is perfect for my colouring. The second item I tried is YSL Long Wear Endless Comfort Transfer Resist Foundation (I know, you couldn't ask for it at the counter after even one glass of wine!) that is oil free and SPF10. This foundation is not for me. It's just too matte and while it may well not transfer, I felt the texture made my skin look dry and non-glowy. It does promise to stay put for up to 14 hours. But, in fairness I don't like anything matte, preferring a skin sheen that only comes with oil in the formula. For those with oily skin it could very well be an absolute blessing. Lastly, the most beautiful limited edition piece, the YSL Y-Mail Complexion Palette which comes in it's own little bag, inspired by the YSL Y-Mail Handbag Collection. I'd have liked, ideally, if the little bag was leather instead of a stiff cotton, but nonetheless, it's what make up magpies dream of. I'll never use it, but I will bring it out every now and again to admire, stroke and adore. I'm not sure if the foundation is out here yet...or the Y-Mail palette as I couldn't find UK prices.