Jack Harkness: immortalized in comics

Comics?! Yep -- comics.

In fact, this is really cool. First, I happen to like comics; second, modern comics have incredibly high production values. Third, John and Carole Barrowman are writing this one. Fourth, John has made "his face" available to the character, so you get very, VERY nice artwork...

See this: Captain Jack And The Selkie’ Comic Strip First Look, for a sneak preview and the story behind the story!



Looks like being a blast, and it's great that John's sister Carole has gotten into this. (She has her own webpage, incidentally.) It's so great that Torchwood is a massive success -- it's even gone well in the US, which surprised the heck out of me. US networks are really picky about coarse language, sexual references, nudity and whave have you, and I'd expected them to handle Torchwood with tongs! In fact I think they did to a degree. I read a quote from John Barrowman where he says the next season (he could mean the third or even fourth, depending on how old the quote is, and this is something I can't say) of the show will be toned down. He said words along the lines of "We won't be swearing or doing anything close to the bone, so the show won't have to be heavily edited for US audiences." That's not a verbatim quote, but it's darned close ... and I can't find my way back to the original page for love or money!

Okay -- now the part you've been waiting for. The eye candy! Shut up and paste the pictures in, Aricia....